To all you kind people taking the time to read my blog:
Thank you so much for actually reading my first blog post, it really means a lot to me!!!
To be completely honest, I really have no idea how this whole blogging thing works. This is completely uncharted territory for me. All I know is that I have a story to tell and a message to share with the world.
As I’m writing this first post, my palms are sweating, my heart is racing, and I am feeling completely BLOCKED. I’m kind of nervous about blogging, because what I am writing right now will be out in the open the minute I hit the “publish” button. I want to be very open and candid in this blog, but at the same time this is not like a private diary, where I can write absolutely anything I want to. Gosh, writing for an audience is tougher than I thought it would be.
After much contemplation, I guess the easiest thing for me to do in my first post is just introduce myself.
Some facts about me:
– I’m a 16 year old girl, junior in high school
– I’m the second of a set of triplets
– I have two brothers whom I fight a lot with, but I can’t imagine life without them
– I was a competitive artistic gymnast from age five to ten; at age ten I switched to rhythmic gymnastics, which suited me better, and competed until age fifteen
– December of 2012 I suffered a knee and back injury that cut my gymnastics career short
– I dislike most Chinese food, despite being 100% Chinese
– The only subject in school I enjoy is English
– Other than English, I speak Mandarin and Cantonese semi-fluently, although I can barely write Chinese
– I’m deathly afraid of public speaking
Anyway, those are just some fun facts about myself I thought I would share with you guys. The majority of my posts will be about my experience as a gymnast, juggling school with gymnastics, training, competing, and how the injury impacted my life. I’ll also talk about my daily life, my ongoing journey of overcoming my fear of public speaking, and pretty much anything that comes to mind. There is just SO much I want to share with you guys. If I can affect just one person’s life for the better, I will be SO SO SO happy.
Thank you guys for taking the time to read this first awkward post. I’m glad I got that out of the way 😉
More posts soon to come!!!!