What’s it like growing up as a triplet? Well, glad you asked! Here are 11 things triplets know all too well.
- We are not twins, dammit!
- The annual “triplets” feature in the school yearbook.
- You have a one in three chance of being the target of mom’s fiery wrath.
- Zero privacy because everything you say/do/post will eventually find its way back to your siblings.
- Getting into “triplet formation” when taking pictures. That is, stand in the order in which we were born. Only like every family picture, EVER.
- This next one’s unique to me and my brothers: Being known by all as “ABC” (Austin-Belicia-Chris). And we are, in fact, American-born Chinese.
- Sharing EVERYTHING. Birthday parties, bedrooms, Christmas presents, lucky money, graduation parties, you name it. Being the only girl, however, I will say that I have it better than my poor brothers.
- “Happy birthday, dear Austin-Belicia-Christopher…[gasp for air]“
- Matching outfits. Here’s a challenge: can you guess who is who?
- “OHHHHHH you’re Austin and Chris’s twin.”
- “Wait wait wait. You’re a TRIPLET?!?!”